Monday, May 21, 2012

The End



After 14 months and 238 stories, I’ve come to the difficult decision to bring Small Town News in a Nutshell to an end. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I’ve spent digging through newspapers and news services to find offbeat, fun, and feel-good small town stories to share with you. And I’m tickled to say that according to my online stats, nearly 12,000 have visited my blog and stuck around to read a story or two. For that I say “thank you!”

But my husband and I have sold our little farm in Iowa and are moving across country to Arizona to be closer to his family. When this adventure began, I thought I’d be able to keep up with my blog, but I’m finding that the packing, and planning, and working my day job leave me with precious little time to do much else. So instead of sputtering along with a story now and then, I’ve decided the time has come to do what all authors must eventually do and say:

The End

7 comments:

Pat said...

Beth, I will truly miss the stories. Even though I didn't often comment on them I did read them each time. Good luck on your new adventure!

Beth Baugh said...

Thanks, Pat! I've had fun collecting and sharing the stories, and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed them. Take care. Beth

Dave said...

Thanks for all of the time and effort that you have put into your stories. I too will miss them.

Robin Reed said...

Awww, too bad - cute stories! We have to do lunch before you leave, Beth!

Sweet Life Garden said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! When you get to Arizona, please look me up! My website is sweetlifegarden.com.
I would love to meet you! Jill

Beth Baugh said...

Jill,
I enjoy your blog -- a ton of useful information provided in a fun way. I'll definitely look you up when I get to Arizona and start planning my own gardens!

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never
found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth
enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers
made good content as you did, the internet will be
a lot more useful than ever before.